Arizona Divorce Summons Form
Divorce Summons.doc The spouse that has decided to file for divorce must complete this form and file with the clerk’s office.
Name of Person Filing:
Your City, State, Zip Code:
Your Telephone Number:
ATLAS Number (if applicable):
Attorney Bar Number (if applicable):
Representing: Self (Without an Attorney) Petitioner Respondent
SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
Name of Petitioner
Name of Respondent
WARNING: This is an official document from the court that affects your rights. Read this carefully.
If you do not understand it, contact a lawyer for help.
FROM THE STATE OF ARIZONA TO:
Name of Respondent
1. A lawsuit has been filed against you. A copy of the lawsuit and other court papers are served on you
with this “Summons”.
2. If you do not want a judgment or order taken against you without your input, you must file an
“Answer” or a “Response” in writing with the court, and pay the filing fee. If you do not file an
“Answer” or “Response” the other party may be given the relief requested in his/her Petition or
Complaint. To file your “Answer” or “Response” take, or send, the “Answer” or “Response” to the
Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, 201 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85003-2205 or
the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, 18380 North 40th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85032 OR
Office of the Clerk of Superior Court, 222 East Javelina Drive, Mesa, Arizona 85210-6201 or Office of
the Clerk of Superior Court, 14264 West Tierra Buena Lane, Surprise, Arizona, 85374. Mail a copy of
your “Response” or “Answer” to the other party at the address listed on the top of this Summons.
3. If this “Summons” and the other court papers were served on you by a registered process server or
the Sheriff, within the State of Arizona, your “Response” or “Answer” must be filed within TWENTY
(20) CALENDAR DAYS from the date you were served, not counting the day you were served. If this
“Summons” and the other papers were served on you by a registered process server or the Sheriff
outside the State of Arizona, your Response must be filed within THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS from
the date you were served, not counting the day you were served. Service by a registered process
server or the Sheriff is complete when made. Service by Publication is complete thirty (30) days after
the date of the first publication.
For Clerk’s Use Only
©Superior Court of Arizona
Page 2 of 2
SIGNED AND SEALED this date
MICHAEL JEANES, CLERK OF COURT
4. You can get a copy of the court papers filed in this case from the Petitioner at the address at the top
of this paper, or from the Clerk of the Superior Court’s Customer Service Center at 601 West Jackson,
Phoenix, Arizona 85003 or at 222 East Javelina Drive, Mesa, Arizona 85210.
5. Requests for reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities must be made to the office of
the judge or commissioner assigned to the case, at least five (5) days before your scheduled court