Oklahoma Divorce Petition Form
Petition for Divorce.doc This form must be filed with the county court clerk’s office as the first step in the divorce process. You will need to pay a filing fee which depends on the county you reside
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF ____________________ COUNTY
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
|In re the Marriage of ________________________________, Petitioner,||
|CSED FGN [if applicable] ______|
PETITION FOR DIVORCE
COMES, ___________________________, Petitioner, and files this Petition for divorce against Respondent, ________________ and would state in support thereof the following:
- This Court has jurisdiction of the parties and subject matter pursuant to Oklahoma Statutes Annotated, Title 43, Section 102 et seq.
- That Petitioner and/or Respondent is now and has been next preceding the filing hereof a resident of the State of Oklahoma for a period exceeding six (6) months, and of ____________________ County for a period exceeding thirty (30) days.
- The Parties were lawfully married on _______ day of ____________, 20___ in ____________ County, __________ and said marriage is registered in ________________ County, __________.
- There are no minor children of said marriage, and the wife is not now pregnant. All children of the marriage are over the age of eighteen (18) and emancipated.
- Petitioner and Respondent separated on ________ day of ____________, 20___ and from that date up to the present, Petitioner and Respondent have lived separate and apart without any cohabitation.
- The vital statistics of the parties are as follows:
|Social Security number ________________||Social Security number ________________|
|Address ____________________________||Address ____________________________|
|Date of birth ________________________||Date of birth ________________________|
|Occupation _________________________||Occupation _________________________|
- The Petitioner and Respondent have executed a Separation and Property Settlement Agreement disposing of all jointly owned property and settling all jointly owed debts, rights and liabilities of the parties, a copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit “A”. There is no property that the parties are asking the court to divide or distribute.
- That as grounds for this divorce, Petitioner pleads incompatibility due to irreconcilable differences which have arisen between the parties hereto which have destroyed the legitimate intents and purposes of said marriage and rendered its continuation impossible.
- Party ____________________ (DOES/DOES NOT) request restoration of my former name, _________________________________. This request is not made for any illegal or fraudulent reason.
- The Petitioner further states the following:
I do not know of any other cases in the State of Oklahoma or any state or
territory involving the same claim or subject matter as this case.
I know of the following related cases concerning the same claim or subject matter as this case
WHEREFORE, Petitioner, __________________________ requests against Respondent, the following relief:
a) The Court grant the Parties a Divorce on the grounds of incompatibility due to irreconcilable differences which have arisen between the parties hereto which have destroyed the legitimate intents and purposes of said marriage and rendered its continuation impossible;
b) That the Separation and Property Settlement Agreement disposing of all jointly owned property and settling all jointly owed debts and rights and liabilities of the parties, a copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit “A”, be incorporated herein by reference and have the same force as if stated herein in full.
c) Party ___________________ requests that she be restored her maiden/former name of _____________________;
d) For judgment and relief as set forth in this Petition.
e) For such other relief and judgment as is just and equitable in the premises.
Signature of Petitioner
Print Name: _______________________
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
COUNTY OF _____________
, of lawful age, being first duly sworn and upon oath, states: that he/she is the above named Petitioner; that he/she has read the above and foregoing Petition For Divorce, and verifies that the matters and things stated therein are true to the best of his/her knowledge and belief.
Subscribed and sworn to before me this ____________ day of ___________, 20___.
My Commission Expires: