Texas Name Change Petition Form
Texas Name Change Petition.pdf When applying for a new legal name in Texas the applicant will need to file this form with the county court clerk’s office.
§ IN THE DISTRICT COURT
IN RE §
§ (leave blank) JUDICIAL DISTRICT
________________, An Adult §
§ OF ____________ COUNTY, TEXAS
ORIGINAL PETITION FOR CHANGE OF NAME OF ADULT
1. Discovery in this case is intended to be conducted under level 2 of rule 190 of the
Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
2. This suit is brought by ______(name)___________, Petitioner, who resides at
____________________, ______, ______ County, Texas. Petitioner is an adult. In accordance
with section 45.102 of the Texas Family Code, the following information is supplied
Full true name: ______
Date and place of birth: _______________
Driver’s license number of any license issued within the past ten years: _____________
Social Security number: ______
FBI or SID number, if known, or other reference number to a criminal-history record
3. No offense has been charged against Petitioner above the grade of class C misdemeanor
(If offense has been charged, list the offense, case number and court of offense).
4. Petitioner has/has not been the subject of a final felony conviction.
5. Petitioner is/is not subject to the registration requirements of chapter 62 of the
Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
6. Petitioner requests the Court to grant a change of Petitioner’s name to ______.
7. The reason for the requested change is ______.
8. Petitioner includes with this Petition a legible and complete set of his/her fingerprints
on a fingerprint card format acceptable to the Texas Department of Public Safety and
the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
9. Petitioner prays that the Court grant Petitioner’s Petition for Change of Name of Adult.
Petitioner prays for general relief.
I, _____________________, Petitioner, swear under oath that the facts stated in the
above Original Petition for Change of Name of Adult are true and correct.
SIGNED under oath before me on ______________________.
Notary Public, State of Texas