Alaska Month to Month Rental Agreement Form
Alaska Month to Month Rental Agreement Form.pdf Alaska Month to Month Rental Agreement Form.doc This form is used when a landlord and tenant agree to a monthly rental price without a fixed time period
TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT IN ALASKA
|Date of this Agreement:||Driver License:||SSN:|
|Property Address:||Telephone:||Alt Phone:|
|Unit Rented:||Employer Name:|
|Tenant Name(s):||Employer Address:|
|Monthly Rent:||Employer Phone:|
|Security/Cleaning Deposit:||Emergency Contact Name:|
|Term of Lease:||to||Emergency Contact Address:|
|Move-in Date:||Emergency Contact Phone:|
YOUR TENANCY IS UPON THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT:
- INTENT OF USE: This property is intended for use by short term, professional tenants. The design of the space, private rooms, and common areas are not intended for long term stays. This is a residential property and as such does not offer the construction elements of a commercial property. For example, the property does not have sound-proof walls such as you might find in a hotel. By signing this agreement, you acknowledge the status of the property and that there may be sounds from mechanical systems and other tenants.
- YOUR GUARANTEE OF USE: Prior to the move-in date, the payment of a SECURITY/CLEANING deposit guarantees your tenancy. Your tenancy begins on the agreed move-in date. Should you move in at a later date, there is no allowance or adjustment for unoccupied days. In the event that you do not occupy the unit you forfeit your pre-paid funds.
- PAYMENT OF MONTHLY RENT: Your first month’s rent is due on your move-in date. Your first month’s rent is prorated based on a 30 day month and rounded to the nearest dollar. For example: If your move-in date is December 6th–you would be charged for 25 days in December (the 31st day of any month is waived and February is counted as a 30-day month). Thereafter, your full monthly rental payment is due on the first day of the month. There are no daily or weekly rates. Payment may be made by cash, personal check, money order, or credit card. Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Please note there is a 3% service charge added to all charge card payments.
- LATE CHARGES: You are considered LATE if your rent is not paid on the 1st day of the month. A late charge fee of
$25.00 is due for any rent received after the 1st day of the month; $50 for rent received after the 4th day of any month. If you plan to be away on the first day of the month, please make advance arrangements with the owner for early payment
- EXPEDITED EVICTION: If rent is not paid on or before the 4th day of the monthly period, OR if you fail to vacate the unit at the end of the term of this agreement, you AGREE and ACKNOW LEDGE that the owner has the right to evict you immediately from the premises, to store your personal property for a period not to exceed 15 days, and to re-rent the unit at owner discretion. Once your personal property has been stored, you will have 15 days to retrieve it. It will be disposed of following that time period. By signing this agreement you have waived all standard and legal tenant rights as defined
by Alaska Tenant Law in regard to eviction, notification periods, hold-over tenancy, and the disposition of personal
property. You additionally understand that you have no recourse whatsoever in the eviction act or disposition of your personal property after 15 days following eviction. Your initials further indicate your particular understanding of this provision. (initials)
- OCCUPANCY TAX: All tenancy for consecutive periods of less than thirty (30) days are charged the 12.00% Anchorage Occupancy Tax in addition to the rental amount. No tax is charged if you stay longer than 30 days. Should you vacate prior to a 30-day continuous tenancy, tax will be calculated and deducted from your security deposit. We keep accurate records and they are audited by the Anchorage taxing authority.
- SECURITY and CLEANING DEPOSIT: You have paid a Security and Cleaning Deposit. You are expected to deliver the unit upon the termination of your tenancy in the same condition in which you received it, normal wear and tear excepted. You are responsible for the payment of repairs for damage to the rental property, its fixtures, and furniture, as well as wall repairs and painting as deemed necessary by the owner. You are additionally responsible for the cost for additional cleaning if needed. By signing this agreement, you authorize the owner to deduct all expenses from your Security and Cleaning Deposit that may result from your negligence or failure to honor the conditions of this agreement.
- INTERNET USAGE: Included in your rent is a free limit of up to 50,000 MB per month. That sounds like a lot and it is, unless you download a large amount of videos or online gaming. If your usage exceeds this quota, you will be billed for the overage at a rate of $25 for each additional 10,000 MB or portion thereof. Your usage is tracked by your individual IP address.
- TERM EXTENSIONS: We aggressively advertise availability well in advance of your termination date. This lease is for the period identified above and there is no automatic or understood extension. If you would like to extend your tenancy beyond the current term, and availability allows, you are advised to state your intent as soon as possible. If the extension
is for a few days, you will be charged a daily rate equal to 1/20th of your regular monthly rent. If you wish to extend for a great length of time, a new lease will be required and executed. Be aware that our rates change by season, increase from time to time, and a rate different than the current rate shown on this lease might apply. Month-to-month tenancies are
subject to rate increases and limited occupancy periods. You are advised to plan your future needs accordingly.
- CANCELATIONS: In the event that circumstances cause you to terminate this lease prior to the end of the stated term, you are responsible for the payment of rent until a suitable replacement tenant is found. Owner will use due diligence in advertising and promoting the vacancy. You may also use your own means to find a replacement tenant; however, owner reserves the right of approval of all sublet and replacement tenants.
- ACTS OF GOD/CONSTRUCTION/MECHANICAL HOUSE NOISE. Owner is not liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with your scheduled occupancy, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, inclement weather (including flooding), and construction noise from nearby sites. As noted above, this is a residential property and as such, occasional mechanical sounds from heating pipes and running water may occur. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
- PETS: The shared status of the property, tenant health, and privacy rights must be recognized.Absolutely NO PETS are allowed in the guest areas of this property. Simply put, DON’T DO IT. Should a pet be discovered, the penalties
are 1) an immediate $100 charge for violating the terms of this lease; 2) immediate removal of pet, and/or eviction of tenant with all rental payment for the current month and your security deposit forfeited; 4) you are held financially responsible for all required cleaning and physical damages to property (i.e., soiling, chewing, scratching, flea infestation,
etc.), by the presence of a pet.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: You agree to indemnify and save Owner and their agent(s) harmless of any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with your use and occupancy of the premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by you. Neither Agent nor Owner are providing any other warranty of any kind, except as otherwise expressly provided herein, whether written or oral, statutory or contractual, express or implied, including, without limitation. The terms “Owner,” “We,” and “Our” as used in this agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms “Tenant,” “You,” and “Your” as used in this agreement shall include Tenant’s heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the premises during your occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this agreement to be upon the premises), where the context requires or permits.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: You agree that OWNER or their authorized Agent may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as may be deemed appropriate, or to show premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. As a courtesy, owner will give you advance notice, when possible, of all showings to perspective tenants. We attempt to do showings during the times you are away and it is not our habit to enter your private quarters unless absolutely necessary. We honor your right to privacy.
- DISPUTES AND LITIGATION: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Alaska , and shall be treated as though it were executed in the City and Borough of , State of Alaska. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Borough of . You specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process. In the event of such dispute you agree to pay all attorney fees and court costs on behalf of the owner.
- HOUSE RULES: Tenants are furnished with a published copy of the general house rules and are expected to follow
these rules as stated. Rules are subject to change at any time without notice.
EXECUTION: Your signature indicates that you have read and understand all of the provisions of this agreement. By signing this agreement you are submitting yourself to both a background check and credit verification. Based on the results of this investigation, the owner/manager has three days from the signing of this agreement to cancel and return all money paid by you.
Agreed and signed this day of _, 20 by and between the parties as identified below: Owner: Tenant: