Illinois Foreign Series LLC Articles of Organization Form
Illinois Foreign Series LLC Articles of Organization.pdf This form must be filed in order for a foreign LLC to transact business in Illinois. The foreign series LLC costs $750 to register and the fili
1. Limited Liability Company Name: _______________________________________________________________________________
2. Assumed Name: ___________________________________________________________________________________________(
This item is only applicable if the company name in item 1 is not available for use in Illinois, in which case form LLC-1.20 must
be completed and submitted with this application.
3. Jurisdiction of Organization:___________________________________________________________________________________
4. Date of Organization: ________________________________________________________________________________________
5. Period of Duration:__________________________________________________________________________________________
Enter “Perpetual” unless there is a date of dissolution provided in the agreement, in which case enter that date.
6. Address of the Office required to be maintained in the jurisdiction of its organization or, if not required, of the Principal Place of
Business: (P.O. Box alone or c/o is unacceptable.)
7. Registered Agent: __________________________________________________________________________________________
Registered Office: ___________________________________________________________________________________________
8. If applicable, Date on which the Company first conducted business in Illinois: ___________________________________________
Limited Liability Company Act
Application for Admission
to Transact Business
This space for use by Secretary of State.
First Name Middle Initial Last Name
Printed by authority of the State of Illinois. May 2012 — 1 — LLC 39.6
SUBMIT IN DUPLICATE
Type or Print clearly.
(continued on back)
(P.O. Box alone or c/o is
Filing Fee: $750
Month, Day, Year
Secretary of State
Department of Business Services
Limited Liability Division
501 S. Second St., Rm. 351
Springfield, IL 62756
Payment must be made by certified
check, C.P.A.’s check or money order
payable to Secretary of State.
This space for use by Secretary of State.
FILE #9. Purpose(s) for which the Company is Organized and Proposes to Conduct Business in Illinois: _____________________________
10. The jurisdiction of organization permits the establishment of a series having separate rights, powers or duties and has limited the
liabilities of such series. Unless otherwise provided for in the operating agreement, the debts, liabilities and obligations incurred,
contracted for, or otherwise existing with respect to a particular series of the Limited Liability Company are enforceable against the
assets of such series only, and not against the assets of the Limited Liability Company generally or any other series thereof; and
none of the debts, liabilities, obligations and expenses incurred, contracted for, or otherwise existing with respect to the Limited
Liability Company generally or any other series thereof shall be enforceable against the assets of such series.
11. Pursuant to Section 37-40 of the Limited Liability Company Act, a Certificate of Designation shall be filed for each series being
registered to do business in this State.
12. The Limited Liability Company: (Check either a or b below.)
❒ is managed by the manager(s) (List names and addresses.)
❒ has management vested in the member(s) (List names and addresses.)
13. The Illinois Secretary of State is hereby appointed the agent of the company for service of process under the circumstances set forth
in subsection (b) of Section 1-50 of the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act.
14. This application is accompanied by a Certificate of Good Standing or Existence, duly authenticated within the last 60
days by the officer of the state or country wherein the LLC is formed. If the Certificate of Good Standing or Existence
does not affirm the ability to establish series, this application also is accompanied by a duly authenticated copy of the
Articles of Organization as amended.
15. The undersigned affirms, under penalties of perjury, having authority to sign hereto, that this application for admission to transact
business is to the best of my knowledge and belief, true, correct and complete.
Dated: ___________________________, __________________
Name and Title (type or print)
If applicant is signing for a company or other entity, state Name of Company
and indicate whether it is a member or manager of the LLC.